Thursday, July 25, 2013

Yaeyama Islands①(八重山)

Do you know Yaeyama Islands? Yaeyama Islands are located south west from Okinawa Island. I went to Yaeyama.



At first, I went to Ishigaki(石垣).


Ishigaki has some fresh fish restaurants. I could eat bonito hart and lever.



Okinawa's most famous liquor is Awamori(泡盛). I tried this. I was be a hangover. Awamori is stronger than the other liquor. So if you try this, be careful.


Next day.



I went to the southernmost place in Japan. It is Hateruma(波照間).



I used ferry from ishigaki. It took about 2 hour .


This picture is took from ferry.





I think, Yaeyama's sea is most clean in Japan.


It is easy to access to Yaeyama from Kyoto. Peach airline(Kansai airport) has direct line.

After enjoyed in Kyoto, would you like to go to Yaeyama?


Link to Our Website
The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in a historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains to everywhere.
 
Please contact us by the form, if you'd like to book our hostel.



No comments: