Friday, July 26, 2013

Japanese Aphorism ~Don't be Afraid of Asking~


When I went back to my home, I found a temple with an aphorism on a board.. 


That's it. I guess a Buddhism monk wrote it by Japanese calligraphy style. It looks good. And the words a monk wrote were really profound.  

"Don't be afraid of asking. Asking gets to be the zest for living."

If my translation is not really good, sorry! The words itself is nice and thought-provoking.

So many temples have the boards. When you watch, and you don't read Japanese, but you're interested in it and feel nice, please take a photo. Then we will translate it into English.

But, sometimes we don't understand the phrase... If it much profound!



Link to Our Website
The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in a historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains to everywhere.
 
Please contact us by the form, if you'd like to book our hostel.



No comments: