Thursday, May 9, 2013

Geisha Film made in USA


He is our guest from USA.
He was watching a film in the lounge in our hostel.

I found geisha(Traditional Japanese female entertainers who act as hostesses and whose skills include performing various Japanese arts such as classical music, dance and games) in the film.
He told me that it was a film about geisha and made in USA.

It is interesting that a film about geisha, typical Japanese culture is made in a foreign country.
I wonder if Japanese culture is described correctly.

He told me that the casts are Japanese and some Asians such as Chinese.
For me it is strange to see an Asian actress play Japanese.
However it happens often when I watch foreign films.

Kyoto is famous for geisha.
A-yado lies in Gion and there are many geisha there.
If you are lucky, you can see geisha walking in the area.
When you come to Kyoto, please try to find them.
You will be surprised to see how fast they walk!!

The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us by the form, if you'd like to book our hostel.



No comments: