Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Tanto (たんと)", which is a famous Okonomiyaki Restaurant

We, Japanese, especially people in Kansai area love Okonomi-yaki. It's like pancakes, but should be lunch or dinner. People in Osaka is good at cooking Okonomi-yaki in their family dinner. And if you go to Osaka, you will find 1000 Okonomi-yaki restaurant. Yeah, I'm not sure about the number.




This is a famous Okonomi-yaki restaurant in Kyoto. Actually from our hostel, you can go there for 5 minute walking.


When I go inside, I found some nice objects. In the vase in the left, I found a gold fish.




This is shoes lockers. The wooden plates have numbers. They are the keys.  




HARU is a professional base ball player in Japan. Yeah, he came here.




In the restaurant, there were a tatami floor and a big hot plate Cool.





This kind of hot plates is something vital to cook Okonomi-yaki!



This is not the typical type. Normally it should be round.




Looks tasty! Right?

OK, I took photos, then I can show them to you all, and next I can eat. Yeah, showing good things by photo is important.

Well, ITADAKIMASU!!




The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us by the form, if you'd like to book our hostel.



No comments: