Friday, March 29, 2013

Our guest enjoyed the market



He is our guest from Canada.
He was enjoying the market during his stay.

There was To-ji market on the 21st of this month. When he went there, he bought a bicycle. and he enjoyed exploring in Kyoto city with it.
Normally most of the guests don't buy a bicycle for sightseeing during their stay.
Just rent it. so i asked him "How are you going to do it after your trip?" and he answered me"I'm going to sell it in the recycle shop." I was very surprised. Because i didn't have the kind of idea. Sometimes our guests make us surprise.

On the other day he went to Tenjinnsan market which is held on the 25th of every month. and he showed me what he bough as you can see the above picture.
Um......when i looked it carefully, it is written"Special product of Akita prefecture"
Bought the doll of Akita festival in Kyoto??
so i asked him again"Why did you buy it?"
"I have a friend in Akita. and she told me about this festival. That's why i bought it"
"So are you going to give it to her?"
"No. It's mine. I just wanted to enjoy the atmosphere with it"
I understand. The guests who come to Kyoto don't always buy Kyoto's product like him.
They buy what they like.
I like the kind of sense though.

I always think that this job makes me fun. Because i can find the guest's sense of values every day.


The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us, if you want to book our hostel.



No comments: