Monday, October 29, 2012

I found a small temple, Marishi-sonten-do(摩利支尊天堂)

When I was walk around Gion area which is historical place, I found a small shrine with the sculpture in the photo. I was in Marishi-sonten-do(摩利支尊天堂) temple.


It's a wild boar. That kind of animal should look energetic and wild. But it looks smiling :)
This animal is one of the oriental zodiac's animal symbol.
According to the oriental zodiac, we, Japanese, know our own animal symbols. It's decided up to the year you were born in. It's said one of the 12 animals implicates your personality. For example, I was born in the year of the wild boar, which means I'm very powerful and able to just go straight :P

Yeah, if you're interested in it, please check your own animal. It's the almost same thing of the zodiac. Oh, If your animal is a monkey, don't hate it! X(


The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us, if you want to book our hostel.



No comments: