Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Travel for the Fine Art! --Impressed by Things in a Travel--

Always travel gives you so nice inspirations. We meet a lot of artists under their travels. They are sometimes looking for something good like the inspiration and materials. 

京都のゲストハウス 芸術家
She is smiling and she shows her great work in her phone. She comes to Japan for some exhibitions and meeting friends. And she was looking for a good materials for her fine arts.

京都のゲストハウス 芸術家
This is her great work! It's SUPER!!


I said "Wow! What's the material of your work?".
"It's made from ceramics, you see?"

"Yeah, I watched it carefully. It's really beautiful"
"Thank you. Actually I'm looking for a material in Japan. I've heard about Origami artist. Is there something special to fold Origami?"
"I think so. Why don't you try Wa-shi, which is Japanese paper"
"Oh, I know some. But what's the good Japanese paper? I really want it"

And I've searched the information about so many types of Japanese papers. There looks some good ones for her works.

I let know her them. 

"Thanks! I will try. Oh, but this year, maybe, I won't have enough time. So next year!!"
"Yeah, when you come back to Japan"
"Definitely I will!"

Nice meeting with materials, and nice conversation! 

Thank you for letting me see your great work!! 
We hope your travel in Japan goes well! Of course, hope you will complete your SUPER great works!!




Link to Our Website
The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in a historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains to everywhere.
 
Please contact us by the form, if you'd like to book our hostel.



No comments: