Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Jidai Matsuri Festival on 22nd of October Every Year

If you'd like to enjoy a festival with great parades, why don't you come to Japan on 22nd of October. It was special last year, 2012. And I was very interested in it, because I didn't have enough time to watch the whole part.

This year, I have enough time! Of course, I went there on 22nd of October! For The JIDAI MATSURI FESTIVAL!

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
It was crowded. Yeah, great but crowded place. The name of the red building is Heianjingu shrine.

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Dog doesn't care anything about the festival, maybe.
京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
The parade came! Their costumes are belonging to so many periods of Japan. 100 years ago, 150 years ago, 300 years ago and so on. Some of them are more than 1000 years ago. 
京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
They went into the gate of the shrine.

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Big caw vehicle came! Cool! 

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
He was playing a famous general in Sengoku period, which is samurai war period.


京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Oh, one good way to watch the parade. Next year, I definitely use the way!
京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
The girl was famous for the samurai girl. So beautiful!

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
And the weather is fine. 

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
The show on the parade goes on. Maybe it's vague.
Here's the movie. It's better than a photo this time.




京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
The parade shows a parade in Edo period, which is from old Japan.
The name of that festival is Jidai Matsuri Festival. I enjoyed it. But, I will do next year.


京都のゲストハウス 猫
And I found a cute cat. I played with it for waiting for another festival on 22nd of October. It's at night. Yeah, of course, I went there. Next time to write the article, I will write about another festival, which is the "Fire Festival" in Kurama!





Link to Our Website
The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in a historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains to everywhere.
 
Please contact us by the form, if you'd like to book our hostel.



No comments: