Friday, October 25, 2013

Festival in the Northern Side of Kyoto -The Fire Festival-

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Well, after the Jidai matsuri Fesitval on 22nd of October, I went to the local station. So many people there. Everybody was supposed to see the Fire Festival in Kurama at northern Kyoto.


I got on the train quickly, and took a nap briefly.  


京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
I arrived. Wow, of course still so many people.



京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Less people here. But it's just the begging of the festival. At that time I was not in that festival yet.



京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Oh, police officers! The were paying attention.




京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Because of the fire! The big bonfire is really impressive! 




京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
The name of this shrine is Yuki-jinja shrine. The origin of the festival has been set about 1000 years ago. It for the protection of old Kyoto.

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
I think it's really beautiful.




京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Guys with torches come out.


京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
This is bigger one.


京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
The train runs fast. And the bonfire flashes.


京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Wow, it was broken with the BIG sound!



京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
The gate of shrine is so reflecting the fire color. 




京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Police officers shouted.


京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
Guys fired the torches one by one.


京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
And hold it up.


京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
The next one.

京都のゲストハウス 時代祭り・火祭
They looked so powerful.

I got confused by the atmosphere. It's too much powerful. Too much energetic.
The movie shows the situation of me. Maybe it's a better way to tell the atmosphere.





I'd like to get equipage... I'm not that powerful.


The 22nd of October is one of the special days of Kyoto. Yeah, it's special I'm going there also next year. Of course, getting 
equipage.


Hey guys in the festival, thank you for everything. I will definitely try again!!


Link to Our Website
The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in a historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains to everywhere.
 
Please contact us by the form, if you'd like to book our hostel.



No comments: