Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kodai-ji Temple(高台寺) for Japanese Monsters & Ghost and Illumination


When I walk down on a small historical street, I found something strange.




The lanterns with Japanese monsters or ghosts called Yokai.




And I walked up the stairs of Kodai-ji temple.



I found so many lanterns.




And it remained me, the day was for the exhibition of Japanese monsters and ghost and illumination in the temple. 




The dark blue color was behind the building. Trees were illuminated.






Old Japanese houses and a lake were also illuminated.




I watched nice Japanese technologies in the temple. It was like a movie. Monsters run on the wall. 


This was a kind of ghosts.


Maybe you see the face on the left side of the colors.



The moon was nice.




The lake reflected the trees like a mirror.



When I go to the exit, there were down stairs. 



Bamboo forest was there. Nice to walk.


You know this type of dragons? Parts of them was made of bamboo.


Then I go back to the entrance stairs and lanterns.

It was nice experiences about beautiful things and scarring things. I watched pictures of monsters and ghosts, though I couldn't take photos because it's prohibited. Of course when I was a child, ghosts are scarring. Now I watched them again, it was still scarring.

So many things must see at night too!





Link to Our Website
The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in a historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains to everywhere.
 
Please contact us by the form, if you'd like to book our hostel.



No comments: