Friday, January 18, 2013

In a Karaoke Box Sing along music!


We are in a Karaoke box with my friend, who is a Nepali. This is a key controller with a touch panel. On the panel there are some menu in Japanese such as Singer's name, Song's name, or New song to look for your favorite song. 



Don't worry. It's quadrilingual. Of course, English is available. Using 4 languages you can search a song. 

I'm too much shy. So I said to my friend "Go ahead".
"You first." He respond.
"Well, I have to decide a song I want to sing first. So..."
"OK, why not."

And he choose a song very quickly. His favorite rock band is "Oasis". He speaks great English by the perfect pronunciation. So It's easy to him. I don't know about his ear for music. 



Anyway the song starts. And he sings the song. I didn't know he has a good ear for music, and the harmony, and he has some techniques to make words dramatic in the song.  


He finished singing, and that Karaoke machine judge him by the score and ranking of his singing.
Wow, he got the first prize on the online ranking! His score is 90.189 point. The average score is 83.587. He is SUPER!

"Good job" I said.
"Yeah, not so bad" He smiled.


Next, I choose a Japanese old song. But, actually I'm kind of out of tune. He stand it. He shows his frown, though. In a few minute the music finished.


My score is 81.552 point, and the average is 92.416. I don't know why every can sing very well.

"Anyway" I said, "This is just a judge of a machine".
"You're right" He said, "But, the machine can judge tune if it's harmonious or NOT".
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure, because I can judge the machine"
"Aha"
"Which means I can judge your singing"
"Aha"
"In such a sense, I can major the level or judging"
"OK"
"The best judge is this machine, and the second best is me. You're the third best"
"OK, you win"

I need more practices, anyway.

You will find Karaoke boxes everywhere in Japan. The cheaper one is for about 200yen per hour. It's also OK to enjoy Karaoke alone. Yeah, I will.

How about your country? Karaoke is so familiar, I guess all over the world. Originally, Japanese guy invented it. The name means Kara-Orchestra. Kara means empty in Japanese. The audience seats are empty in a orchestra concert.

I will try again! The seats should be empty.



The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us, if you want to book our hostel.


No comments: