Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kendo(剣道) shop, Japanese sword fight

Going along a street with a lot of students commuting, I was thinking about the best martial arts. Some says boxing is more like sports, not martial arts, and some says pro-wrestling is something like show. I don't know about it. But, it's a good idea to use a wooden sword to fight with a enemy. 


Yes, I mean Kendo is one of the advantageous martial arts. I don't say the strongest! Just being of advantage. And in the photo there's a Kendo shop.


They are bamboo swords and wooden swords outside. Inside I find a lot of protectors and a few steal armors. 


When you think about just the style of a strongest martial art, sometimes it's boring without the answer. They are so many!
Kendo can be literally translated into "Sword and Road" in English. 剣 is sword, and 道 is road. They are combined to pronounce Ken-Do. That means the fighting with sword is not only the way to be a winner, but also thinking about road to be humble, modest and strong mentally.

It has something to do with philosophy. I can't explain more, Sorry! If you want to be a Kendo fighter, please think the real strength as a Samurai. Good luck!



The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us, if you want to book our hostel.



1 comment:

Prince said...

sword for sale I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.