Monday, December 24, 2012

An arcade with stars at night, Shinkyogoku St.(新京極通り, しんきょうごくどおり)

Well, this is a Christmas Eve. I walk along an arcade in the center of Kyoto. The name of that street is Shinkyogoku St. I'm looking for the BEST present for my family, saying "Oh, this candle is nice to my mother, and that clock is nice to my father. Walking, walking, walking and, I walked a lot. I'm a bit tired, and I look up at the sky. No sky there. The Arcade there. Well, the human being has hidden the sky.


But, I find the stars on it. Outside the arcade if I look up, I may find some stars. Under the arcade I can watch many stars, which are LED lights, though human being has hidden the sky with stars. Yes, we hid the natural stars and made artificial stars. 


No, no, I don't complain about it. They are so beautiful, and they are for Christmas. That's it. Nothing to complain. I stop walking for a while. Japanese normally celebrate Christmas, despite the religions. It's a lovable common event for us. And no one complain about stars if they're natural or artificial. We just watch the beautiful things in the event. So the stars under the arcade are really nice.

You know you seem a really contradiction. But, the smiles of your lovable people doesn't seem a contradiction. For my family in the happy Christmas, I walked a lot. That's it.

OK, then I continue to try to find BEST presents. You too, right? Yeah, let's go!



The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us, if you want to book our hostel.




No comments: