Friday, September 28, 2012

Tenjin-san(天神さん, てんじんさん) flea market late at night

I wrote about Tenjin-san flea market of Kitano-tenman-gu shrine in a post of 26th of September. On that day I was really relaxed with the beautiful objects like a gateway, buildings, stone-paved streets and lanterns, which were illuminated. So I didn't realize that the night was getting deeper and deeper. Oh, oh, it's almost 21:00 PM. I have to go home :P


But, that illumination was getting unreal. I was fascinated by them more and more. In the shrine I heard some of chatting voices, and sounds, maybe, foot steps, but, so quiet.  


I didn't know this statue was in back of the second gateway. It was so bizarre.


Here is the explanation about the statue.

"Michibiki-yama(導山, みちびきやま)"
According to this board, it means a great guider in Japanese. That special guider's name is Sarutahiko(猿田彦, さるたひこ). It's one of gods of Shinto, which  can guide anybody by lighting the ground and also sky. These days it calls a god for protection somebody from evils and for safe drivings. If it guides you, you don't cause a traffic accident! 


A stall sells cat dolls. Yes, they are strange, and still cute, though.


A stall for Shooting games is still open. If you hit the targets, which are prizes, you can get it.



A boy is trying to aim the center of a target. Toys and snacks is on those shelves. I hope he will get a good prize!

A shrine at night is sometimes so bizarre, and you may feel something scared, yet fascinating.

Yeah, I love it! If you can't sleep, and a shrine is open, please go there!



The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us, if you want to book our hostel.



No comments: