Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Is a fortune cat(招き猫) the symbol of Japan?



One of our guest showed me his tattoo.

He always have a tattoo when he travels.
All his tattoo is the symbol of the country he travels.

I asked him "What kind of tattoo would you like to have in Japan?" and he answered me "A fortune cat(招き猫)".

A fortune cat??

I'm not sure if a fortune cat is the symbol of Japan.
But we believe that a fortune cat brings you happiness in Japan.
So i think a tattoo of a fortune cat will be a new symbol of Japan if you believe a fortune.

I hope that he will be more happy after having a tattoo of a fortune cat.

The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us, if you want to book our hostel.



No comments: