Friday, September 7, 2012

Eikan-dō Zenrin-ji(永観堂 禅林寺, えいかんどう ぜんりんじ)

These photos were taken in Eikan-do temple(永観堂, えいかんどう). The temple is famous for beautiful colored leaves in autumn.  I went there in summer. But it was still beautiful. 

This is the road to go inside the garden, after getting in the gateway.  That cable stones were nice to walk. I found just one tree turning red. The leaves is in the right side of the above photo. I'm sure that this season was not beginning of autumn. It may be caused by bugs or disease. Umm, I hope it will come back to the health.

On a bridge I took this photo. There is another bridge across the lake. In the lake there is many carp and also a turtle. They enjoyed the good swimming :)


A beautiful small garden is in the photo. It's a totally Japanese style. If you like Japanese garden, you will be satisfied with it. I'm sure if you take a photo, it will be good even if without some techniques. Actually I don't  have that!

You will enjoy a lot of statues and drawings on walls inside the building. But it's prohibited to take a photo X(
So, please go there and enjoy them directly!!

The following URL is their website in English. If you want to learn more, please visit it.
http://www.eikando.or.jp/English/index_eng.htm

I enjoyed it in summer. Hopefully I can go there next time in autumn!!



The backpackers hostel in Kyoto is located in its historical district, Gion.
Good access by buses and trains. The center of Kyoto.
Please contact us, if you want to book our hostel.



No comments: